• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Village Farmer

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Credits:
Sunchips - hat
Kenathorn -
Pickaxe
Johnwar - grunt axe
Asssssvi - moustache
Deolrin - scythe

Creating animations for villager in agriculture, inspired from legendary immersive game with alive like NPCs - Gothic.
This bundle will include villagers with different jobs and include appropriate animation.

Write in the comments what tool (pickaxe, rake, hammer) you would like to be uploaded. I will consider animating model on weekends.

IT'S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON.

Updates:
May 3rd 2024:
Added new variation. Also I recommend using this model combined with chopper;
Added Gigachad villager, that can tear weed apart.

May 6th 2024:
Added villager with scythe.
Previews
Contents

Gigachad Villager (Model)

Pickaxe (Model)

Scythe (Model)

Version 2 (Model)

Village Farmer (Model)

Wood Cutter (Model)

Level 3
Great animations! I love the hat. I would love to see him use a warscythe which is basically a scythe for cutting grass but bent upwards so peasants could stab enemies with it.

Level 23
I remember seeing your work on XGM one day and thinking how cool it was, glad to see your talents here on the Hive!

An awesome model with wonderful animations as always.
I was curious if anyone recognises it. On hegame(eng. XGM) my profile was a shameful display, but it was necessary to improve my stuff. Not particularly talents but many hours spent on decrepit Mdlvis(love it for crashing when you spend 1h animating without saving, so it started a habit to save after every frame)

This looks awesome for the Local Farmers (Player 12, Brown) in the RoC Human Campaign, Chapter 5, March of the Scourge mission.

The hat and bracers are still there inside the decay animation, but if you include a piece of grass or straw sticking out of the farmer's mouth for the portrait animation (at least for an alternate version), that would look even better.

Level 22
This looks awesome for the Local Farmers (Player 12, Brown) in the RoC Human Campaign, Chapter 5, March of the Scourge mission.

The hat and bracers are still there inside the decay animation, but if you include a piece of grass or straw sticking out of the farmer's mouth for the portrait animation (at least for an alternate version), that would look even better.
Not only! The model even has place on missions 1 and 3!

Nice models, comrade, a good addition to custom maps that have a plot and need a richer gaming environment, and it's especially nice that these men are not decorative, but can even run and fight and wipe off sweat. Though some animations need polishing like the transition between 'Stand Work' and 'Stand Work 2' in the Pickaxe model and also check out your 'Decay Bones' sequences as there is some mesh not dissapearing 👈

P.S. I also think adding team-colored variations after you're done fixing stuff would be a nice addition to the pack 🤌

Last edited:
Level 22
I just have a question:
so the villagers have 2 stand work animation ---> stand work & stand work - 2.
In the trigger editor, how can I make the unit play the stand work - 2 animation?
From what I can tell, ordering it to play the "stand work" animation makes it pick a random one (either stand work or stand work - 2).
*And how to make it only play "stand work", instead of a random one from the two.

Level 23
I just have a question:
so the villagers have 2 stand work animation ---> stand work & stand work - 2.
In the trigger editor, how can I make the unit play the stand work - 2 animation?
From what I can tell, ordering it to play the "stand work" animation makes it pick a random one (either stand work or stand work - 2).
*And how to make it only play "stand work", instead of a random one from the two.
Use action: Animation - play unit animation using only (choose rare or often) sequences, i dont know how it is written in english editor. You can even play it once.
Or open RMS or Mdlvis and rename animation to spell, spell one and set rarity to 0