• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Villager 255 Animations

I have updated the model mesh now i think it looks better, added some CUSTOM ATTACHMENT points the highlighted parts contains the new ones, now u can add a complete set of armour on the villger.
New attachemts points names are: Gold Left, Gold Right, First Left, First Right, Second Left, Scond Right.

I have tryed to add more animations and i get error and more then 255 doesnt save i dunno why, if so i can make a second part with other animations.

I wanted to upload a model that has many animations and i think the most useful model will be the Villager model to use in RPG maps or something.

I have noticed when played Attack - 7 animation the hidden objects are appreaing, they should be inv.

IMPORTANT

Use this to play any animation u want even the walk animations when u stand or any animation when u move:
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( unit name, number )
-the unit name is the unit name in JASS
-the number is the animation that starts from 0
-can play even the walk animation when u stand
-can play any animation even if the unit is moveing

Animation Guide:

Stand Victory 27-37 are animations when u sit on a stone bench: Dalaran->Props->Stone Bench
Attack Morph 27-30 are some shield attacks.
Stand Victory 22-23 are some mount animations for horse with no rider u will have to use some triggers to make them work good for now.
Attack Throw 6-7 are bow animations.
Stand Victory 41-66 are guns animations.
Stand Victory 67-70 are hang animations.
Stand Victory 71-76 are cross animations.

Keywords:
Villager, Peasant, Work
Contents

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Reviews
09:39, 24th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: amazing animations and you really put a lot of effort into this. but the mesh on the bag should be fixed and the model would really benefit from attachment points. EDIT: remove the imported blank "white"...
Level 4
I have a problem:
I want a unit play the "Stand Victory - 78", but if i use the normal GUI Trigger with
  • Animation - Play Mitgefangener (Statist) 0039 <gen>'s stand victory - 78 animation
the unit plays a random order of "Stand Victory" 's animations and if i use the JASScode
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(gg_unit_h009_0039,203)
the unit only plays the normal stand animation.

Can somebody help me plz?

Level 11
I tryed to add more anims then 255 and i get error, the 3ds max clouses and doesnt save.
Maybe is a "bug" or the file become corupted somehow or maybe 255 is animations limit for a model.
Anyway i can make Part 2 with other animations:)).

Level 20
I tryed to add more anims then 255 and i get error, the 3ds max clouses and doesnt save.
Maybe is a "bug" or the file become corupted somehow or maybe 255 is animations limit for a model.
Anyway i can make Part 2 with other animations:)).

well 255 sure are not few animations so it must be the limit *_*
also the idea of creating part 2 with other animations is awesome!!

Level 20
hey dude, can you make a "drive car" animation?
i want to use your villager model along with the model i attached :p

EDIT:
hey dude i was wondering...
IMO there is no point in keeping animations if i don't need them so i delete them using magos model editor...
at first i thought that deleting them would reduce the size of the model but it didn't...
is it possible to make a tutorial that explains how to reduce size by removing unneeded animations?
seriously that could help a lot of ppl since im sure nobody is using all of the animations...

EDIT 2:
hey again, could you also make a "drive car" animations for this model too? xD

Attachments

• WoodenCar.mdx
    142.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 20
You can remove them if you edit the model in a 3d modelling program...

deleting it on Magos only deletes it from the list, but the animation frames still exist within the model...

or maybe if you export it as .mdl and edit it in notepad...

i see...well do you suggest any good tutorials about removing animations?

TIP:
maybe a tutorial for complete NOOBS? xD
only thing i know about modeling is renaming textures in magos model editor..
also removing parts for a model but that is child's play lol

Level 20
Download MDLVis English... :) There you can remove animations completely.

thnx for the link but i have a question before giving you rep :D
if i go to Sequence Editor, find the animation i want to delete and press "Delete" will it also reduce the file size?

EDIT:
i removed some animations and the file size was reduced thnx!! +rep :grin:

EDIT 2:
is there a way to play animations on MDLVis model editor?
because im using magos model editor to view animations and i delete them with MDLVis...
pls help because i just got that model editor lol and im sooo noob with it xD

EDIT 3:
nvm i found out where the play button was lol
but still why the creator made it so small?
it almost looks like he did that on purpose so noobs can't play animations-.-

EDIT 4:
hmm...i removed my uneeded animations and the new file size is only 971kb wtf?
i removed more than half of the animations...maybe anything else i have to do except deleting?
the number of animations left now is 78...still it barely removed 75kb o_O

Size with 225 animations: 1062kb
Size with 78 animations: 971kb

Pls somebody help me? xD
despite all those awesome animations i don't want to use a model with such a big file size...
any other ways to reduce the file size of the model?

EDIT 5:
ROFL!! i just used MDLVis model editor and size went down to 353kb!! awesome tool :grin:

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi, i'm having a lot of trouble getting my unit to do any animation other than a winged animation when casting an ability. The custom script code doesn't work, the winged animation overrides it.

For everything else I want to do, the custom script works perfectly. I'm only having this problem when casting abilitys.

Level 20
Is there a way to play random animations? I mean, whenever the unit attacks, i'd like him to use any of the attack animations, not just one.

The same for casting and else... How to use random animations for Spell cast, or even walk?...

Let me guess..

' A unit is issued an order targeted ground '
'Set Unit = The Villager'
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Villager, random integer 15,23 )
or something like that?

Level 13
GUYS ! GUYS !!!!!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...2-a-200976/?prev=search=animation&d=list&r=20
check this out, this must help you.
Crags, ofc it conflicts with spells, pls try using reset unit animation, and then playing this.
Spartipilo : yes there is, create 1 more variable interger. set it = Random number between X - X
and in custom script call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Villager, udg_IntegerVariable )
Simpliest way :)

Level 20
AND is there a way to call them with the Object editor? with the 'Animation string' ? If I have a passive skill called 'Kick' using the 'Kick' the model has would be perfect, but passive skills doesn't trigger, and object doesn't allow the use of integer to call animations.

Level 16
@Spartipilo
Every way there is, except from object editor.
If you want me to make somethin, visit my Epic anim viewer map and tell me which animation number you want me to use it and for what? Like casting, spell moments, buff effects, falling down, etc.
I will make an example for you ! ;D
(On second thought, not buffs and falling, I used it for my main feature on my map. That others don't have, just something to do with spells)

Thx grabber for this useful villager,
But I got a problem with his head attachment point, please fix it D:
And I hope you make dodging anims for him ! XD

Level 11
I am having problems making an attachment point for the weapons on the back ( like in Ghotic), i cant rotate the weapons pozitions good to apear in the WE, they apear like they are piercing the chest right in the middle.
I can make if the weapon rotation was set more vertical from 3ds raither then horizontal.

Level 4
Guys, I need some help. I used the 'call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_unitvariable, animationnumber)', script, and everything works fine- beside the animation... I wanted the sit animation, its animation number 61. So I wrote for animation number '61'... But it isnt number 61! It's something about 180... So where can I find out the REAL number of the animation I want to use? Pls help me with this!! :)

Level 20
This this map. It contains the unit model with all the animations, and simple way to modify camera angles and unit animations. It allows knowing exactly which animation looks how in whatever angle / distance you may want to.

Level 20
Guys, I need some help. I used the 'call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_unitvariable, animationnumber)', script, and everything works fine- beside the animation... I wanted the sit animation, its animation number 61. So I wrote for animation number '61'... But it isnt number 61! It's something about 180... So where can I find out the REAL number of the animation I want to use? Pls help me with this!! :)

as Spartipilo said you can find the animations number for any model using this map