• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 Reforged NEW Screenshots and Unit Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Warcraft 3 Reforged NEW Screenshots and Unit Models

The Reforged Presskit Has been updated with some new unit models as well as the Warcraft III: Reforged homepage with some new screenshots!

Check out some of them below:

20DFD564-B975-43E4-A740-89FB03EF38B1.jpeg
1046DA50-F8C5-4366-868C-33BD2E4426B8.jpeg
1AD8FEA1-9D4C-4C59-9020-59FA19341808.jpeg
A451C52B-FE08-4F09-94EC-6BD977C07836.jpg
DD6C905B-6A0D-4C9C-8FA5-3564EEA32BBC.jpeg
B988B7A1-6E4E-4FB8-93B7-483E2D669E1A.jpg

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
Phew, Illidan at least doesn't have glowing eyes through the blindfold anymore. Or it's only for the pre-Skull of Gul'dan model?
Hopefully those body tattoos are team coloured otherwise black were finer.
I can live with the blades being like that even though I liked the metallic ones better especially with the hidden meaning of the panda face on their middle :p
Would be better for the blades to also be team coloured.

Wait, what? A human on a frostwolf :D?

Seems to look fine overall.
Maybe some tiles need some better colours/hues/contrasts/edits or even replacement.

Last edited:
Level 14
Phew, Illidan at least doesn't have glowing eyes through the blindfold anymore. Or it's only for the pre-Skull of Gul'dan model?
Hopefully those body tattoos are team coloured otherwise black were finer.
I can live with the blades being like that even though I liked the metallic ones better especially with the hidden meaning of the panda face on their middle :p
Would be better for the blades to also be team coloured.

You mean something similar to this?

A06xVra.jpg
:D

Yeah, would be funny to release Illidan in RoC all purple and green tattoos and then watching the TFT intro he is blue skinned again, then you start to chase him and he appears purple skin in a cutscene.

P.S. I also love original blue skin Illidan!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
Last edited:
Level 32
That weird hair on dryad.... Oh gawd.
How from this:
doblaje_1737.jpg

To THIS:
upload_2019-11-3_0-31-15.png

No seriously, she looks like if she decided a lifetime planting the tree on her head and get a free hairstyle.

Dryad: " I M S O W A S T E D , I M S O W A S T E D "

MrRious

M

MrRious

Don't know why they want to make all night elves the same.

Yeah, I really liked the diversity even in their faces. (For example, archer's head was wide, dryad's was chubby) Now, they all look generic and unrecognisable.

Edit : I know I might be saying some BS, but I'm not thinking clearly right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
This is DotA 1, right?
C7T4H1BG0ON81569264712916.jpg

Looks amazing! While I haven't played Dota 2, cursory look at some gameplay on YouTube gives me the impression Dota 1 in Reforged will look more realistic, though I'm judging solely by this one screenshot.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They lack the sharp texture of the original warcraft as well.
It was sharp? I am sorry but "sharp" and the classic graphics cannot be used in the same sentence. The terrain was a low resolution blurry and not continuous mess...
The Reforged Presskit Has been updated with some new unit models as well as the Warcraft III: Reforged homepage with some new screenshots!
Nice to see news in this place has its priorities correct!
  • Changes avatar to Lilith from Diablo IV.
  • Proceeds to announce new Warcraft III: Reforged content in news.
  • Does not proceed to announce Diablo IV in news :( .

MrRious

M

MrRious

uh.. comparing to a high-poly model actually makes the original ugly.. so you can't really draw a conclusion from that. its basically the hairstyle that's the issue.

I strongly disagree with you. The issue is that there's nothing original about her. She looks very, very generic.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRious

M

MrRious

nothing that a few tweaks to model and textures can't fix. you're loosing the bigger picture in small details that miff you

Sure, it can be easily fixed, but I don't think the modelers have any artistic vision. They make everything look the same.

Why do all of the monsters have human faces? Why do all of the women look like some sexy teenagers? (this one bothers me the most)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
It was sharp? I am sorry but "sharp" and the classic graphics cannot be used in the same sentence. The terrain was a low resolution blurry and not continuous mess...

Nice to see news in this place has its priorities correct!
  • Changes avatar to Lilith from Diablo IV.
  • Proceeds to announce new Warcraft III: Reforged content in news.
  • Does not proceed to announce Diablo IV in news :( .

Did you check this thread: Blizzcon 2019 Opening Ceremony

Sure, it can be easily fixed, but I don't think the modelers have any artistic vision. They make everything look the same.

Why do all of the monsters have human faces? Why do all of the women look like some sexy teenagers? (this one bothers me the most)
eh.. its Blizzard. they'll always make things that aren't quite right xD I'm definitely going to try making some reforged models, if i get to grabbing the game

Level 35
I like Naga units and buildings. But I do not know why they did not post this screenshot of Naga in their tropical ambirnce, instead of this temperate one with pines. I would like to see Sunken Ruins ingame screenshot.
Is it me or they look similar? Tail of Siren and Murmidon is almost identical in colors. Also they are blue, hardly to difference them.

Level 7
So Brian Sousa is responsible for adding belts on the Grunt's horns, stratospheric size of Footman's and Arthas's shoulder pads, the removal of Jaina's and Archer's cloacks... etc

For months I thought this responsibility fell on a member of the LemonSky team...

Now my eyes have opened...

My verdict is:

2DHY3Hx.jpg

Level 18
Yes! Except for the horns of course. It's the pre-Skull of Gul'dan aspect.

The character should be paler. 10k years in a dungeon won't keep your melanin going.

iu

How about now?

That is not how arthas kills his father by the way, you can tell from the silhouette that he kills him the same way Bronn kills the knight of the vale... it's more graphic.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
That is not how arthas kills his father by the way, you can tell from the silhouette that he kills him the same way Bronn kills the knight of the vale... it's more graphic.
It was a joke for Srydhaizer's reply. I couldn't find a picture of the scene from the game's short cinematic piece.
Who care's about Bronn?

So Brian Sousa is responsible for adding belts on the Grunt's horns, stratospheric size of Footman's and Arthas's shoulder pads, the removal of Jaina's and Archer's cloacks... etc

For months I thought this responsibility fell on a member of the LemonSky team...

Now my eyes have opened...

My verdict is:

2DHY3Hx.jpg

One disgusting thing Brian Sousa said in the panel will be stuck in my head forever:

Grubby: Do you have any fears?
Sousa: Well to me I have none haha

Like you can't have fears when you just sit as the art is outsourced and you just 'approve' the bad stuff and pretend like there is no problems at all when people are pointing it since day one. Now we will see the response to this 'But they've changed Footman's shield they listen to us!!11', yes a shield solves all the art problems surely.

Level 20
Blizzard didn't make the models, Lemon Sky Studio are the responsibles
You make it sound as if Lemon Sky Studios did a bad job. They didn't. Models themselves are really high quality, I doubt they'd be much better, if at all, should they be done in-house by Blizzard. Thus, I really think that the modelers from LSS deserve a solid pat on the back. They're awesome.

What I think potentially failed here is the art direction. As far as I know, the way professional modelers work is that they base their creation on concept art, trying to recreate it as faithfully as possible. The fact that, say, the Footman has big shoulder pads isn't the modeler's fault, he just did what he was told to do - it's the fault of whoever approved the concept art.

You make it sound as if Lemon Sky Studios did a bad job. They didn't. Models themselves are really high quality, I doubt they'd be much better, if at all, should they be done in-house by Blizzard. Thus, I really think that the modelers from LSS deserve a solid pat on the back. They're awesome.

What I think potentially failed here is the art direction. As far as I know, the way professional modelers work is that they base their creation on concept art, trying to recreate it as faithfully as possible. The fact that, say, the Footman has big shoulder pads isn't the modeler's fault, he just did what he was told to do - it's the fault of whoever approved the concept art.

Yup, we can clearly say most of the model mistakes are thanks to Brian Sousa trying to reinvent the wheel with over detailed and non loyal to old concepts.

BUT there is also atleast someone disobeying the concept arts and gave Spirit Walker a stick instead of his axe like the concept art.

Well, Spirit Walkers are wizards. They are ranged units too. It makes sense not to have axes.

Yet it makes no sense to have them walk with a stick, their attack is made by their 'lambs' and axes were logically were there for melee combat if they have to. I don't think some cow that walks with a stick would be able to do anything in combat (if we are talking about logic and wizards being unable to wield axes)

Status
Not open for further replies.