• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] Warforge: A Revamped Melee Experience

WARFORGE
DgtX0Wv.png

Warforge is a reimagined melee map that will seamlessly blend Reforged graphics with Classic assets, introduce additional heroes, new items, and four new races. With new objectives enhancing gameplay diversity, the map adheres to the philosophy that "If everything is imbalanced, it is balanced." Our vision is to create a harmonious 2v2 gameplay environment where each race's distinct strengths and weaknesses make every match dynamic and engaging. Warforge promises a balanced yet diverse gaming experience that will consistently challenge and excite players.

CLASSIC RACES
DgtX0Wv.png

Warforge will preserve the classic essence of the original races by by using Classic (SD) assets for both SD and HD mode. Icons will be replaced and/or updated with Reforged borders, providing a refined and modern aesthetic while retaining their nostalgic charm.

Minor quality-of-life adjustments will be made and be carefully implemented to avoid altering specific effects and maintaining seamless compatibility with Official Blizzard patches.

In addition to these enhancements, Warforge would introduce versatile new heroes for each classic race, designed to add strategic depth and variety. These new heroes will give some fresh feel to the classic races, offering players a broader range of tactics and approaches.

RE-CLASSIC PROGRESS
  • HUMAN: 100%
  • ORC: 80%
  • UNDEAD: 50%
  • NIGHT ELF: 50%

NEW RACES
DgtX0Wv.png

Similar to other altered melee maps, Warforge features familiar races like the Naga, Fel Orcs, N'raqi, Goblins, and Satyrs. However, rather than completely overhauling these races, this map accentuates their specific pros and cons and unique playstyles. Building on their established characteristics from campaigns and lore within the same universe, Warforge introduces new elements to make each race distinct. This approach enriches the gameplay experience, offering both familiarity and novelty, and encourages players to strategically leverage the unique strengths and weaknesses of each race.

Additionally, Warforge will attempt to enhance immersion by incorporating custom sound assets for construction, research, and other in-game actions. These unique audio elements further immerse players in the rich and diverse world of Warforge, elevating the overall gaming experience.

PROGRESS
  • NAGA: 4%
  • N'RAQI: 2%
  • GOBLIN: 0%
  • SATYR: 10%

__

This was an abandoned project of mine a couple of years ago, but I've decided to revive and completely remake it from scratch. Attached below (Warforge.w3x) is a preview of what you can expect, using Gnoll Woods as the base terrain. Please note, it is very unpolished at this stage. I plan to switch to a new terrain instead of the one in the attached file. My focus now is on remaking the races with Reforged graphics while retaining Classic models. and rewriting all vJASS triggers in Lua.

Additionally, this thread will also serve as my guide and as my personal tracker on my progress.

WC3ScrnShot_053124_052831_000.png
WC3ScrnShot_053124_053154_000.png
WC3ScrnShot_053124_053512_000.png
WC3ScrnShot_053124_052915_000.png

5-31-24 All Classic Human Units & Buildings Icon have been upscaled and uses Reforged borders. Replaced old map and old screenshots.
5-29-24 All Food Cost/Provided multiplied by 10 (except for workers, they use 8 food) for balancing with new races.
5-23-24 All Classic Races are now using Classic models with some exceptions.
5-21-24 Updated main and new race descriptions. Added classic race descriptions.

Attachments

• Warforge v0.1d.w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited: