• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
thanks for spoiling sub space emissary for me...
Hurray for only 2 clones!

Don't worry, that really isn't much at all compared to a lot of other stuff that happens.

2 clones? Theres really 5, all of them however aren't true clones though:

Luigi - Mario Clone

Falco - Fox Clone

Wolf - Fox Clone

Toon Link - Link Clone

Ness - Lucas Clone (Or is it the other way around?)

...and sadly:

Ganondorf - Captain Falcon Clone :cry:

How can Ganondorf even be a damned Captain Falcon Clone!?!?!?!?

Level 8
@Dr Super Good: Ganondorf is in his incarnation as of Twilight Princess. His Final Smash is Ganon, his giant evil boar form.

@Dan van Ohllus/THE_END: Yes, Lucario is very similar to Mewtwo. He has more of a melee style than ranged spells style however.

So, Lucario = Hand to hand
Mewtwo = Ranged

KKRP, those clones are NOT clones. lets go to more emphasis on luigification!

Luigi has a totally different moveset i dont see how they are clones in any way but their special moves (even side special move is different..)

Falco isnt much of a clone, and he got some new moves now (aerial forward attack is some sort of beak dash attack or something for e.g)

as for ToonLink, Lucas, and wolf, not sure.. those might be the only clones.

ganondwarf has totally new mysterious moveset

Level 5
Wolf isnt a clone. He is a complete new character. And you only listed 2 clones. Ness/Lucas (which ever way you swing), Luigi and Falco aren't clones, they have been luigificated. Hurray for Falco not being a clone! Lucas isn't a clone either to Just_Speculating who was wondering.

Must a further stress the importance of luigification?

The only clones are:
-Toon Link
-Ganondorf

Yes, Toon Link is a clone. But he does take clone to a different level. The speed of attacks and jumping and the way he moves is much more different than the original Adult Link to Young Link so I say he sticks halfway between Clone and Luigification but I have to strictly say that he is a clone.

Ganondorf is the closest clone you can be. Sad that its only Zelda characters that are clones. And Ganondorf really deserved a new moveset, more than Falco.

So only 2 clones. Guess that alright we have 33 other characters :D

Level 5
I understand the pain THE_END but we must cast this aside as this is still a good game (probably great but saying good to keep it safe).

These are my friends... See how they Glisten. See this one shine. He smiles, in the light... My friend. My faithful friend. Speak to me friend, whisper, I'll listen. I know, I know. You've locked out of out of sight all years. Like me, my friend. Well i've come home! To find you waiting! Home, and we're together. And we'll do wonders, won't we. You there my friend. Come let me hold you. Now in the sight, your warm in my hand... My friend. My clever friend. Rest now my friend. So i'll unfold you, soon you'll know splenders you never have dreamed of all your days. My lucky friend! Still now you shine, it was made of silver. Friends... you shall rip rubies. You'll soon rip precious... Rubies...

AT LAST. MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN.

Level 5
Er maybe u should of gotten a wii in the first place?

There was another man as well... A vicious vulture of the law. And with a gesture of his claw...Removed the barber from his plate!

Level 5
I don't think we're allowed to talk about that but you can get your Wii moderated to take different regions but it doesn't break the law though. Only breaks it if you get it modded to also accept copied games. I don't know enough about it though. I for one am in Australia and i will have to wait till July / August but I have patience.

Level 11
I hate to bring up an old topic, but i didn't think this deserved another thread, and so i ask, if anyones played this game yet (its out!), how do you think it is? I personally think it is amazing and stands up to the hype and quite exceeds it, working on unlocking sonic\wolf, then it is time to BRAWL!

Level 7
Anyone to post yell threadomancy will die!
I personally love it. All of the new characters are great additions, especially meta knight and pit. The one thing I dislike about it is that they slowed down and weakened alot of the old characters. Zelda, for example, used to be the fastest character in the game, but they slowed her down alot and now she is barely faster than Link.

Level 3
Marth doesn't stack up statistically as high as he did in melee. He lacks power, and more importantly, he lacks RANGE. His -> (A) smash was outranged by a Kirby kick...

On the other hand, Ike is ridiculously awesome.

Last edited:
Level 11
With zelda, they nerfed shiek, and changed zelda a bit, i find her quite abit more useful then before, marth is still good despite uber nerfing, if your good enough with him, my best chars so far are pit\meta knight, wolf is AWESOME but i really suck with him.

Online sucks, 4 FFA or 2v2 TIMED BATTLES? WTF I WANT STOCKS, and i want 1v1's tbh -_-

Level 3
Yeah, Olimars benefit lies in that he is friggin short. So much stuff goes over his head. I've gotten decent with most people, but my 4 man SSE team consists of Marth, Meta Knight, Link, and Ike.

I dont even have a wii or smash bros brawl nor have i played it. but i can offer some input. first of all there is no such thing as a nerfed or shitty character, there are just characters that are harder to master. second of all kirby and link are the coolest in original and mele, so i imagine it remains the same. if i can take on 3 level 9 computers with jigglypuff, who everyone says is the worst character ever, in original, than I know any character is masterable. shitty characters dont exist

Level 3
Combat, considering that certain aspects of characters have been changed from game to game, there is such a thing as a "nerfed character". Many characters received updates that made them easier to consistently outperform characters that have not been updated so, or even updated negatively to how they have played previously.

For instance, Marth's over A smash now has less range and does not send enemies flying as far. The majority of his moves do not send characters as far as they used to. Considering he has no ranged attacks and is a close combat character, the fact that his range has been slightly reduced while many characters have had their range slightly increased has thus labeled him by my standards as a "nerfed character".

That does not mean he is terrible, or that it is impossible to win with him. He is still one of my staple characters. But overall his performance is not as great as it was in Melee.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Going to play it for the first time on Saturday!

Level 5
SSBB Rocks

I have played the Japan Version and I must say, its amazing. Super Sonic Wastes everyone, Link Toasts ganondorf, meta Knight cuts everyone to pieces. and Toon Link, WOOTNESS!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
Doesn't complaining about complaining defeat the purpose?

Hopefully I'll start a Character Discussion thread soon with some more in depth detail on various characters (at least the ones I use). But between playing the game and schoolwork I've been staying busy.

Level 26
Doesn't complaining about complaining defeat the purpose?
Not if you're complaining about a specific type of complaint.
Case in point: The above quoted statement.

My favorite characters are Kirby, Link, Captain Falcon, and the Pokemon Trainer.
Few of the new guys appeal to me, though I'm pretty sure I haven't unlocked everybody yet.

I think it's retarded how many characters can be unlocked by the Space Emissary. It's not the scavenger hunt it was anymore :p

Status
Not open for further replies.