• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wind of change within the Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

Just in case another StarCraft is announced, here's a quick refresher course. It was early 1998 when players first got the chance to lord over Protoss, Zerg, and Terran forces. For all StarCraft's finely balanced gameplay, it also featured an interesting plotline with some memorable characters. The original game chiefly followed the Zerg's rapid expansion across a section of space known as the Koprulu Sector, eventually invading the Protoss' home world of Aiur. The Protoss are forced to sacrifice one of their strongest warriors to destroy the Zerg Overmind put a stop the rampaging broods. But...

It doesn't exactly work, as we find out in StarCraft: Brood War, the first expansion released later in 1998. Here we see the rise to power of Kerrigan, a Terran turned Zerg, the "Queen of Blades," who is capable of acting independently from the newly formed Overmind. Here the Terran forces eventually wrangle control of the new Overmind, seizing power over the Zerg's scattered swarms. Of course there's plenty of betrayal and deception over the course of the three campaigns, but in the end it's Kerrigan that reigns victorious. If Blizzard's announcement is in fact a new StarCraft game, we can assume Kerrigan will play a central role.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Awesome.

I'm moving to SC II Modding soon.

Level 2
It cant be a joke, bcuz the announcement took place in the SC capital of the world, saying its NOT SC or joking about it is the equivalent of performing brain surgery on yourself

Level 8
I think thats how its been with most Warcraft games. I'm just going to miss the immense creativity you could get with the world editor. I'm pretty sure you wont be able to do that with futuristic starcraft settings

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It's obvious, isn't it? Once Sc2 comes out, gg Wc3. As we've seen people such as ragings and Chriz (and I bet Mecheon too) are moving to Starcraft II. And since Sc2 is an RTS, why would players keep playing the old boring Warcraft III, where every new map is low quality and BNet is swarmed with noobs?

Level 19
WC3 is a good game. I like Warcraft more than Starcraft. Warcraft III will never die. Maybe you will leave, but there will be others. I don't like scifi stories, but Starcraft is fun to play whatsoever.

The people who leave Warcraft III were never true fans of it.

EDIT: But I liked Star Wars.

Level 32
I like SciFi stuff, I just don't like some stuff, like WH40k. But I do like SC. I'll probably end up playing both, but modding for WC3, cause I'm geussing that SC2 will probably need some higher tech to mod stuff, like models and skins.

EDIT: I'm suddenly in the mood to play some WC3 on b.net....

Level 21
well its like saying why didnt people give up playing sc when supreme commander came out? or why didnt people stop playing red alert 2 when generals came out? i mean it will die eventually but even when sc2 comes out its live on for a little while.

my prime example is Cs1.6 and CSS, CS1.6 = 100,000 players, CSS = 10,000.

Level 8
wow. Well I'm glad Blizzard isn't ONLY working on WoW and reviving the games that made them what they are today! And on the subject of switching from Wc3 to Sc2 : no. I'm still gunna work on wc3 maps and play wc3 maps a lot even after the release of Sc2 UNLESS Sc2's editor is like 5x better than WorldEditor. At least I can see that Blizzard knows what their audience wants! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.