• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

List of spells/abilities without a damage cap?

Level 2
By damage cap I mean the maximum total damage in World Editor. I only know one: Thunder clap. Any thing else?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
By damage cap I mean the maximum total damage in World Editor. I only know one: Thunder clap. Any thing else?
Why do you need a list of abilities without a damage cap?

If you set the Maximum Damage to 0 it becomes limitless, so there isn't really any damage cap to worry about.

You can also hold shift when opening a field to bypass other limits.

Level 2
Why do you need a list of abilities without a damage cap?

If you set the Maximum Damage to 0 it becomes limitless, so there isn't really any damage cap to worry about.

You can also hold shift when opening a field to bypass other limits.
Not sure if I understood you correctly, but here is what I meant as follows.

I meant "DataB1", the Maximum Total Damage, which is capped at 99999. I tried to set it to 0, then it really has no damage. I tried Breath of Fire for example. My understanding is that such spells don't limit the number of targets but the total damage all targets receive is capped at 99999?

I tried to open it with "shift" held and set it to a higher number, but it doesn't seem to work.

For Thunder Clap there isn't even this field "Maximum Total Damage". There is only "AOE Damage" which is per target, and the total damage is uncapped.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Not sure if I understood you correctly, but here is what I meant as follows.

I meant "DataB1", the Maximum Total Damage, which is capped at 99999. I tried to set it to 0, then it really has no damage. I tried Breath of Fire for example. My understanding is that such spells don't limit the number of targets but the total damage all targets receive is capped at 99999?

I tried to open it with "shift" held and set it to a higher number, but it doesn't seem to work.

For Thunder Clap there isn't even this field "Maximum Total Damage". There is only "AOE Damage" which is per target, and the total damage is uncapped.
Shift should allow you to type a larger number than 99,999, you need to be holding it as you open the field:

ex.png

I remember 0 working but I guess that's incorrect, I know a Duration of 0 will make a Buff last forever so maybe I was thinking of that. Perhaps a negative value will work? Also, maybe it doesn't work because you're on an older patch.

Last edited:
Level 39
That you are hitting these caps and are bothered by it is a sign the numbers in your map are wildly out of control. If you need units to have three million attack damage and seventy-five billion health… something is seriously wrong. You should do a pass rebalancing all the numbers in your map and bring them all back to normal levels.

Level 22
Shift should allow you to type a larger number than 99,999, you need to be holding it as you open the field:

View attachment 472254

I remember 0 working but I guess that's incorrect, I know a Duration of 0 will make a Buff last forever so maybe I was thinking of that. Perhaps a negative value will work? Also, maybe it doesn't work because you're on an older patch.
Actually,
I think a duration of 0 makes a buff last forever if it is caused by a single targeted ability.
For example: setting the duration of Storm Bolt to 0 will cause it do permanently stun the target unit of the ability.
And if you set the duration of an ability such as War Stomp or Cluster Rockets to 0, the targets affected by the ability will NOT be stunned at all!

I honestly don't know if there exceptions to the stuff I just mentioned but this seems to be the (general) case.

Level 2

View attachment 472254

Sorry, again I didn't explain it clearly - yes, holding shift while opening the field works. Setting it to higher than 99,999 (say 999,999) also works, but somehow the total damage in the game is still not 999,999. Could there be an internal cap, for example, the number of bits?

That you are hitting these caps and are bothered by it is a sign the numbers in your map are wildly out of control. If you need units to have three million attack damage and seventy-five billion health… something is seriously wrong. You should do a pass rebalancing all the numbers in your map and bring them all back to normal levels.
I am just having some fun with X Hero Siege. The values in that map are already insane. I don't want to divide ALL numbers by 100 manually, that'd be torture, not fun:)