• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

T.S.O.F -Terran Special Operation Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Another Tileset
And I made a Engeneer(or something like that)-Skin. I pretty satisfied with the result eventhough I didn't have my wacom for skinning. (The pen is broken T_T)
There is also a version of the Engeneer with long sleeves.

terraintest2.jpg

Level 25
Whatever they're doing, looks like they messed up judging by how the sparks are shooting out of the computer and the stuff behind the glass is destroyed.
I think the guy with short sleeves looks awesome, but to variate things better, I guess a long-sleeved version is necessary.

~Craka_J

Level 12
It looks really great and as for the squad, did you play Starwars: Republic commando?

I think you could take some scenarios and moves from there.

Have you ever considered the hp system to be like halo's or Cod4's?

E.g You have sort of unlimited hp as long as you don't receive fire for too long.

p.s edit : I saw the video and it was awesome. Great job. However I think when the marines die there should be death groans and more blood.(If there is even any.) Also, I advise the use of fast paced music, probably, something with electric guitar and a fast drum beat while action takes place.

+rep

Level 25
Well I'll still be around for a while even after StarCraft II's release. Think I'll just abandon Apocalypse and Wc3:WoW? Heh. Not until I believe they are done enough for the public to play and appreciate it. :)

Anyway, I don't think this is dead. I believe they are more active at their own project's forum, but mainly in the private area where only the developers of TSOF can see.

~Craka_J

Well I'll still be around for a while even after StarCraft II's release. Think I'll just abandon Apocalypse and Wc3:WoW? Heh. Not until I believe they are done enough for the public to play and appreciate it. :)

Anyway, I don't think this is dead. I believe they are more active at their own project's forum, but mainly in the private area where only the developers of TSOF can see.

~Craka_J

You always abandon your big projects!!!

Level 6
The project is not dead, yet.

I don't know what the other members are doing. They aren't active anymore ...

But I'm still working on TSOF a little bit on it. There are two new models I made and I'm making the AI. I've got the basic structure, and I wrote functions for a point system which should help to evaluate the strengh of a group of enemies, so that the AI is able to decide whether to attack or to retreat/call for reinforcements.

Currently I'm more busy with choosing a university. Selling our yearbook at school and of course supporting Germany at the European Football Championship ^^

But to be honest I'm thinking if I should make a smaller project.
And release this as some kind of FPS Engine for Warcraft.

I think I should gather a whole new team ...

BTW I'm also making the Artwork and Skins for Grievous1's Project "Wispers in the Dark"
There are some pics on hive at Grievous Gallery http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/album.php?albumid=257

Last edited:
Level 19
If u realeas this i am gona play it day and night for sure this is like counter strike ! but this is more speace!

I don't think it's like CS. Warcraft 3 and CS is far, far away from each other. Anyway, this will be awesome.

Tomura, if you don't want to continue with this project, please, don't just release a FPS-system, release the whole campaign you have created so far!

Level 6
Please continue! I'm really looking forward to it :thumbs_up:

One question: do you check pathing for shooting, so things like cover are a factor?

No. I don't know if I would get a performance drop if I do that, because I don't use Projectiles for shooting to avoid loops.
You also can shoot through walls. Thats the weakness of my attackfunctions. It's fast but you can't check the way the bullet would have moved. But I think you won't hit anything, if you don't know where it is.

BUT If the Cover would be a unit or a building it would serve as cover for the Enemies.

The AI is now able to evaluate it's own strengh. I now have to make the probabilities for their actions dependent from their strengh.

Level 6
I fixed both Bugs.
I now have to create the Ghosts and Goliaths and all Zerg Units.

Does anybody know if there is a good model for infested Marines?
And which Zerg do you want to encounter in TSOF exept for Zerglings, Hydralisks, Lurker and Ultralisk?

Level 6
I made some Buttons today. You actually wont see much of them, but some of them are used in Multiboards or the SquadMenus. But they are rather important for me because it looks better in the editor to have icons for your units.
Here are some of them:

BTNUEDSnowMarine.jpg
BTNUEDDesertHeavy.jpg
BTNTSOFDelta.jpg
BTNTSOFBravo.jpg
BTNRob.jpg
BTNRebelMarineVisor.jpg
BTNRebelMarine.jpg
BTNPlayerMarine.jpg
BTNUEDDesertMarine.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
It's now official and some of you may be a bit disappointed.
TSOF for Warcraft is dead.

That doesn't mean that the project TSOF is dead. We want to make TSOF for Starcraft2, because the warcraft community will probably die with Starcraft2, we don't think that we will finish this Campaign until Starcraft2 is out if the progress is as slow as it was until now and Starcraft2 offers us a better grafics and a better editor.

We want to form a new Team, make a whole new Concept for TSOF in Starcraft. For that we need ConceptArtists, Modellers, Skinners, etc.
People who'd like to join can contact me.

If you want skins or icons of this TSOF just contact me.

You can of course give us ideas for the new TSOF in our Forum.

Level 9
Ehhmm noo:razz:.. Im not planning makin any modern war map. This wont fit on any medival team.

I just think its sad, the ressources isnt uploaded to the public, that it just will get deleted. Why not let other people use it, instead of just throw it out.

Level 6
Well most of the models were public in the Konstrukt-Pack. Talon deleted them, but I got the permission to use them, but I don't think I'm allowed to make them available for everybody (thats the reason why the Trailer for example is protected.)

People can get most of my skins and models if they ask me. (even the Campaign-Menu). Maybe I'll upload some skins and models I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.